Velocity Reviews

-   -   parallel imports (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t806209-parallel-imports.html)

Frank Williams 11-23-2011 06:50 AM

parallel imports

http://www.channelregister.co.uk/201...uck_price_fix/

Your Name 11-23-2011 08:13 PM

Re: parallel imports

In article <kt5pc71bue1491b8ork0v2h57mm765q4fo@4ax.com>, Frank Williams
<FWilliams@happy.com.ru> wrote:

http://www.channelregister.co.uk/201...uck_price_fix/

Parallel imports having better prices is largely a myth. The greedy
parallel importers simply looks at the local retail price and then take a
few dollars off to make it look cheaper, but they still make an
over-bloated profit. If you really want better prices, then you're usually
much better to import the item yourself from an reliable overseas
webstore.

Frank Williams 11-23-2011 09:44 PM

Re: parallel imports

On Thu, 24 Nov 2011 09:13:32 +1300, yourname@yourisp.com (Your Name)
wrote:

>In article <kt5pc71bue1491b8ork0v2h57mm765q4fo@4ax.com>, Frank Williams
><FWilliams@happy.com.ru> wrote:
>

>http://www.channelregister.co.uk/201...uck_price_fix/
>
>Parallel imports having better prices is largely a myth. The greedy
>parallel importers simply looks at the local retail price and then take a
>few dollars off to make it look cheaper, but they still make an
>over-bloated profit. If you really want better prices, then you're usually
>much better to import the item yourself from an reliable overseas
>webstore.

Total Joke, Freight is the killer Tax and Import duty and problems with
payment

From you comment you never read the article.

Your Name 11-24-2011 12:15 AM

Re: parallel imports

In article <5IWdnRG7Tf0W7VDTnZ2dnUVZ_gSdnZ2d@giganews.com>, Allistar
<me@hiddenaddress.com> wrote:
> Frank Williams wrote:
> > On Thu, 24 Nov 2011 09:13:32 +1300, yourname@yourisp.com (Your Name)
> > wrote:
> >>In article <kt5pc71bue1491b8ork0v2h57mm765q4fo@4ax.com>, Frank Williams
> >><FWilliams@happy.com.ru> wrote:
> >>

>>http://www.channelregister.co.uk/201...uck_price_fix/
> >>
> >>Parallel imports having better prices is largely a myth. The greedy
> >>parallel importers simply looks at the local retail price and then take a
> >>few dollars off to make it look cheaper, but they still make an
> >>over-bloated profit. If you really want better prices, then you're usually
> >>much better to import the item yourself from an reliable overseas
> >>webstore.

> > Total Joke, Freight is the killer Tax and Import duty and problems with
> > payment

> In my experience even when you take into account freight it can be much
> cheaper to import things from the states than buy locally. I was quoted
> $1100 for 10 ACME threaded nuts from a Matamata company while the same cost
> about US$30 each. Even taking into account freight and the exchange rate
> that was considerably cheaper.

Yep. Obviously it can depend on what you're importing, but many things can
be personally imported quite a bit cheaper than buying locally from normal
retailers or parallel importers.

Your Name 11-24-2011 12:17 AM

Re: parallel imports

In article <i6qqc797ib1aas0agpmb7r3e5n1ben97hr@4ax.com>, Frank Williams
<FWilliams@happy.com.ru> wrote:
> On Thu, 24 Nov 2011 09:13:32 +1300, yourname@yourisp.com (Your Name)
> wrote:
> >In article <kt5pc71bue1491b8ork0v2h57mm765q4fo@4ax.com>, Frank Williams
> ><FWilliams@happy.com.ru> wrote:
> >>

>http://www.channelregister.co.uk/201...uck_price_fix/
> >
> >Parallel imports having better prices is largely a myth. The greedy
> >parallel importers simply looks at the local retail price and then take a
> >few dollars off to make it look cheaper, but they still make an
> >over-bloated profit. If you really want better prices, then you're usually
> >much better to import the item yourself from an reliable overseas
> >webstore.

> Total Joke, Freight is the killer Tax and Import duty and problems with
> payment
>
> From you comment you never read the article.

From your comment you obviously don't know what your're talking about ...
but then that's nothing new. :-\

Frank Williams 11-24-2011 12:46 AM

Re: parallel imports

On Thu, 24 Nov 2011 13:15:50 +1300, yourname@yourisp.com (Your Name)
wrote:

>In article <5IWdnRG7Tf0W7VDTnZ2dnUVZ_gSdnZ2d@giganews.com>, Allistar
><me@hiddenaddress.com> wrote:
>> Frank Williams wrote:
>> >>

>>>http://www.channelregister.co.uk/201...uck_price_fix/

>> > Total Joke, Freight is the killer Tax and Import duty and problems with
>> > payment

>> In my experience even when you take into account freight it can be much
>> cheaper to import things from the states than buy locally. I was quoted
>> $1100 for 10 ACME threaded nuts from a Matamata company while the same cost
>> about US$30 each. Even taking into account freight and the exchange rate
>> that was considerably cheaper.

>Yep. Obviously it can depend on what you're importing, but many things can
>be personally imported quite a bit cheaper than buying locally from normal
>retailers or parallel importers.

Only if you are buying from say http://www.dealextreme.com/ but thats
for Chinese junk , but not for say a Cannon or Nikon camera.

Frank Williams 11-24-2011 12:48 AM

Re: parallel imports

On Thu, 24 Nov 2011 13:17:11 +1300, yourname@yourisp.com (Your Name)
wrote:

>In article <i6qqc797ib1aas0agpmb7r3e5n1ben97hr@4ax.com>, Frank Williams
><FWilliams@happy.com.ru> wrote:
>> On Thu, 24 Nov 2011 09:13:32 +1300, yourname@yourisp.com (Your Name)
>> wrote:
>> >In article <kt5pc71bue1491b8ork0v2h57mm765q4fo@4ax.com>, Frank Williams
>> ><FWilliams@happy.com.ru> wrote:
>> >>

>>http://www.channelregister.co.uk/201...uck_price_fix/
>> >
>> >Parallel imports having better prices is largely a myth. The greedy
>> >parallel importers simply looks at the local retail price and then take a
>> >few dollars off to make it look cheaper, but they still make an
>> >over-bloated profit. If you really want better prices, then you're usually
>> >much better to import the item yourself from an reliable overseas
>> >webstore.

>> Total Joke, Freight is the killer Tax and Import duty and problems with
>> payment
>>
>> From you comment you never read the article.

>From your comment you obviously don't know what your're talking about ...
>but then that's nothing new. :-\

No been there done all that little Boy, I have been around on this
earth a lot longer than you.

Plus I will state again you never read the article.

Your Name 11-24-2011 03:13 AM

Re: parallel imports

In article <aj4rc79o8al55futelrdnn0qsoq50lv98d@4ax.com>, Frank Williams
<FWilliams@happy.com.ru> wrote:

> On Thu, 24 Nov 2011 13:15:50 +1300, yourname@yourisp.com (Your Name)
> wrote:
>
> >In article <5IWdnRG7Tf0W7VDTnZ2dnUVZ_gSdnZ2d@giganews.com>, Allistar
> ><me@hiddenaddress.com> wrote:
> >> >>

>>>http://www.channelregister.co.uk/201...uck_price_fix/

usually

> >> In my experience even when you take into account freight it can be much
> >> cheaper to import things from the states than buy locally. I was quoted
> >> $1100 for 10 ACME threaded nuts from a Matamata company while the

same cost
> >> about US$30 each. Even taking into account freight and the exchange rate
> >> that was considerably cheaper.

> >Yep. Obviously it can depend on what you're importing, but many things can
> >be personally imported quite a bit cheaper than buying locally from normal
> >retailers or parallel importers.

> Only if you are buying from say http://www.dealextreme.com/ but thats
> for Chinese junk , but not for say a Cannon or Nikon camera.

Complete *******s! But you go ahead and continue paying over-bloated
prices for your products while many of us know better.

Your Name 11-24-2011 03:14 AM

Re: parallel imports

In article <su4rc7h976h9q5qqdkvjua6snhopti35uf@4ax.com>, Frank Williams
<FWilliams@happy.com.ru> wrote:

> On Thu, 24 Nov 2011 13:17:11 +1300, yourname@yourisp.com (Your Name)
> wrote:
>
> >In article <i6qqc797ib1aas0agpmb7r3e5n1ben97hr@4ax.com>, Frank Williams
> ><FWilliams@happy.com.ru> wrote:
> >> >>

>>http://www.channelregister.co.uk/201...uck_price_fix/

> >> Total Joke, Freight is the killer Tax and Import duty and problems with
> >> payment
> >>
> >> From you comment you never read the article.

> >From your comment you obviously don't know what your're talking about ...
> >but then that's nothing new. :-\

> No been there done all that little Boy, I have been around on this
> earth a lot longer than you.
>
> Plus I will state again you never read the article.

You continue to prove that you don't have any idea at all what you're
talking about. :-\

Me 11-24-2011 05:16 AM

Re: parallel imports

On 24/11/2011 1:15 p.m., Your Name wrote:
> In article<5IWdnRG7Tf0W7VDTnZ2dnUVZ_gSdnZ2d@giganews. com>, Allistar
> <me@hiddenaddress.com> wrote:
>> Frank Williams wrote:
>>>>

>>> http://www.channelregister.co.uk/201...uck_price_fix/

>>> Total Joke, Freight is the killer Tax and Import duty and problems with
>>> payment

>> In my experience even when you take into account freight it can be much
>> cheaper to import things from the states than buy locally. I was quoted
>> $1100 for 10 ACME threaded nuts from a Matamata company while the same cost
>> about US$30 each. Even taking into account freight and the exchange rate
>> that was considerably cheaper.

> Yep. Obviously it can depend on what you're importing, but many things can
> be personally imported quite a bit cheaper than buying locally from normal
> retailers or parallel importers.

I'm going to order $1200 worth of wallpaper tonight from the UK. Cost,
including freight, GST and handling charge will be about $700. It
should arrive direct to my door via DHL much faster than the lead time
the local retailer claims is needed.
Perhaps someone can show me that there's an economic benefit to NZ for
me to give $500 to someone locally in exchange for no service/doing
nothing productive.