Velocity Reviews

-   -   Anyone want to bet that C++ won't be 10 times less significant in 5 years than it is today? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t806090-anyone-want-to-bet-that-c-wont-be-10-times-less-significant-in-5-years-than-it-is-today.html)

Jo 11-20-2011 04:47 AM

Anyone want to bet that C++ won't be 10 times less significant in 5 years than it is today?

Why is progress so slow on making C++ a "good" language? The only reason
I can fathom is that people are milking it for all it's worth in terms of
paychecks. (I'm totally serious).

Nick Keighley 11-20-2011 03:07 PM

Re: Anyone want to bet that C++ won't be 10 times less significant in5 years than it is today?

On Nov 20, 4:47*am, "Jo" <n...@none.none> wrote:

> Why is progress so slow on making C++ a "good" language?

what's a "good language"?

> The only reason
> I can fathom is that people are milking it for all it's worth in terms of
> paychecks. (I'm totally serious).

if you don't like it use something else

jacob navia 11-20-2011 05:03 PM

Le 20/11/11 05:47, Jo a écrit :
> Why is progress so slow on making C++ a "good" language? The only reason
> I can fathom is that people are milking it for all it's worth in terms of
> paychecks. (I'm totally serious).

Yes, paychecks are BAD BAD.

I would suggest you start by eliminating yours.

:-)

Jo 11-21-2011 07:08 AM

Nick Keighley wrote:
> On Nov 20, 4:47 am, "Jo" <n...@none.none> wrote:
>
>> Why is progress so slow on making C++ a "good" language?

> what's a "good language"?

Don't beg me to slap you in the face. Cuz I might hire someone to do
that. :P

>> The only reason
>> I can fathom is that people are milking it for all it's worth in
>> terms of paychecks. (I'm totally serious).

> if you don't like it use something else

It does seem to be my personal problem. That is first thing you have ever
said that makes any sense. Touche. Read: don't let it blow up your head,
bitch.

Jo 11-21-2011 07:14 AM

jacob navia wrote:
> Le 20/11/11 05:47, Jo a écrit :
>> Why is progress so slow on making C++ a "good" language? The only
>> reason I can fathom is that people are milking it for all it's worth
>> in terms of paychecks. (I'm totally serious).
>>

> Yes, paychecks are BAD BAD.
>
> I would suggest you start by eliminating yours.
>
> :-)

I would inform that you already that. So now what? I seem to find the
wherewithall to just be here and say... huh. Now my problem starts? Cast
me out? Isn't that what you do? BAN people? That wasn't a question,
bitch. I can't fathom why you are all so bad. Ain't it nice for me, that
when all hope was lost, someone invented the internet. I dunno. Before
then I was afraid of weather. I am hoping I don't have to challenge
tornoados again. I'm so lucky.

Jo 11-21-2011 07:16 AM

Andy Champ wrote:
> On 20/11/2011 04:47, Jo wrote:
>> Why is progress so slow on making C++ a "good" language? The only
>> reason I can fathom is that people are milking it for all it's worth
>> in terms of paychecks. (I'm totally serious).
>>

> The C++ of today could not have been compiled in reasonable time in a
> machine of 10 years ago. I would not be surprised if the same could
> be said in another 10 years.

I shouldn't post tonight.... I'm much better angry than "tearful" (for
the "lame", it means 'crying'). So don't **** with me. Because you can't
handle the truth.

Richard 11-21-2011 05:53 PM

Re: Anyone want to bet that C++ won't be 10 times less significant in 5 years than it is today?

"Jo" <none@none.none> spake the secret code
<jacte1$4nn$1@speranza.aioe.org> thusly:

>It does seem to be my personal problem.

Your personal problem is that you're an anonymous troll.

Go away.
--
"The Direct3D Graphics Pipeline" -- DirectX 9 version available for download