Velocity Reviews

-   -   x64 Explorer and PDF Titles (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t806067-x64-explorer-and-pdf-titles.html)

Martin Riddle 11-19-2011 01:21 AM

x64 Explorer and PDF Titles

It seems that Win7 x64 explorer is broken in that it does not display
the Title from a PDF file, in the title column.
under XP, the Title column in explorer displays the PDF title.

This is over a network share. anyone come across this ?
Any insite on how to fix?

Cheers

Zaidy036 11-19-2011 02:50 AM

Re: x64 Explorer and PDF Titles

On 11/18/2011 8:21 PM, Martin Riddle wrote:
> It seems that Win7 x64 explorer is broken in that it does not display
> the Title from a PDF file, in the title column.
> under XP, the Title column in explorer displays the PDF title.
>
> This is over a network share. anyone come across this ?
> Any insite on how to fix?
>
> Cheers

But the preview pane shows the first page

--
Zaidy036

Martin Riddle 11-19-2011 03:12 AM

"Zaidy036" <Zaidy036@isp.spam> wrote in message
> On 11/18/2011 8:21 PM, Martin Riddle wrote:
>> It seems that Win7 x64 explorer is broken in that it does not display
>> the Title from a PDF file, in the title column.
>> under XP, the Title column in explorer displays the PDF title.
>>
>> This is over a network share. anyone come across this ?
>> Any insite on how to fix?
>>
>> Cheers
>>

> But the preview pane shows the first page
>
> --
> Zaidy036

Maybe, I couldn't say. None of the PDF file are highlighted. Nor do they
need to be highlighted.
The only time I seen this problem in XP was when I uninstalled something
on a XP machine.
I don't remember what, and I don't recall what I reinstalled to get it
working again ;(

Cheers

Martin Riddle 01-05-2012 01:54 AM

"Martin Riddle" <martin_rid@verizon.net> wrote in message

> "Zaidy036" <Zaidy036@isp.spam> wrote in message
>> On 11/18/2011 8:21 PM, Martin Riddle wrote:
>>> It seems that Win7 x64 explorer is broken in that it does not
>>> display
>>> the Title from a PDF file, in the title column.
>>> under XP, the Title column in explorer displays the PDF title.
>>>
>>> This is over a network share. anyone come across this ?
>>> Any insite on how to fix?
>>>
>>> Cheers
>>>

>> But the preview pane shows the first page
>>
>> --
>> Zaidy036

> Maybe, I couldn't say. None of the PDF file are highlighted. Nor do
> they need to be highlighted.
> The only time I seen this problem in XP was when I uninstalled
> something on a XP machine.
> I don't remember what, and I don't recall what I reinstalled to get it
> working again ;(
>
> Cheers

Apparently it is broken, But you can get titles if the directory is
indexed.
One way is to right click on Libraries (left side of window) and add a
new library and point it to the directory.
But it doesn't work for shares, but it might work for mapped drives.
(haven't tried)

Cheers