Velocity Reviews

-   -   Basic ASP.net compile question (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t805013-basic-asp-net-compile-question.html)

test@m.com 01-07-2010 03:12 PM

Basic ASP.net compile question

When .aspx and .vb are first put onto the server and someone launches
the file, it is then compiled into binary. Does this happen only once
when the first user tries to launch it?

Thanks!

Bob Barrows 01-07-2010 03:28 PM

Re: Basic ASP.net compile question

test@m.com wrote:
> When .aspx and .vb are first put onto the server and someone launches
> the file, it is then compiled into binary. Does this happen only once
> when the first user tries to launch it?

Yes

***canned wrong-newsgroup reply************************
recommended practice) , but this is a classic (COM-based) asp newsgroup.
ASP.Net bears very little resemblance to classic ASP so, while you may be
lucky enough to find a dotnet-knowledgeable person here who can answer your
question, you can eliminate the luck factor by posting your question to a
group where those dotnet-knowledgeable people hang out. I suggest

Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET - 2004-2007
"NO SPAM"

test@m.com 01-07-2010 03:50 PM

Re: Basic ASP.net compile question

On Thu, 7 Jan 2010 10:28:24 -0500, "Bob Barrows"
<reb01501@NOyahoo.SPAMcom> wrote:

>test@m.com wrote:
>> When .aspx and .vb are first put onto the server and someone launches
>> the file, it is then compiled into binary. Does this happen only once
>> when the first user tries to launch it?
>>

>Yes
>
>***canned wrong-newsgroup reply************************
>There was no way for you to know it (except maybe by browsing through some
>of the previous questions in this newsgroup before posting yours - always a
>recommended practice) , but this is a classic (COM-based) asp newsgroup.
>ASP.Net bears very little resemblance to classic ASP so, while you may be
>lucky enough to find a dotnet-knowledgeable person here who can answer your
>question, you can eliminate the luck factor by posting your question to a
>group where those dotnet-knowledgeable people hang out. I suggest
>microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet or the forums at www.asp.net.

Thanks Bob, I added the other newgroup to my list.