Velocity Reviews

-   -   Export to PDF font trouble (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t805010-export-to-pdf-font-trouble.html)

msfs 01-06-2010 06:55 PM

Export to PDF font trouble

Hello everyone, anibody has experience on this??

I have a web service that's used for export a rpt (Crystal Reports IX)
to a PDF file. This report has a barcode made with interleaved20f5
font.

When I use it from my development enviroment its works fine, but when
y use a test server in place of barcode font I see a replacement
font.

The interleaved 20f5 font it's installed on test server. Furthermore,
if I run the report directly on test server, it's works. It's seems
the trouble resides on the web service, or maybe over IIS, like if the
font cannot be found. Anybody has any idea or can suggest me where can
found information related on this??

Thanks a lot, cheers from Argentina.

Adrienne Boswell 01-06-2010 10:19 PM

Re: Export to PDF font trouble

Gazing into my crystal ball I observed msfs
<sebastian.sabato@cpba.com.ar> writing in news:346c151a-dd6d-454d-a127-
a6fdc5ac6e55@26g2000yqo.googlegroups.com:

> Hello everyone, anibody has experience on this??
>

> I have a web service that's used for export a rpt (Crystal Reports IX)
> to a PDF file. This report has a barcode made with interleaved20f5
> font.
>
> When I use it from my development enviroment its works fine, but when
> y use a test server in place of barcode font I see a replacement
> font.
>
> The interleaved 20f5 font it's installed on test server. Furthermore,
> if I run the report directly on test server, it's works. It's seems
> the trouble resides on the web service, or maybe over IIS, like if the
> font cannot be found. Anybody has any idea or can suggest me where can
> found information related on this??
>

> Thanks a lot, cheers from Argentina.

Is it an embedable font? If it's not you can have a real problem,
because the PDF will lose the font once it gets to the client as well.

--
Adrienne Boswell at Home
Arbpen Web Site Design Services

msfs 01-07-2010 11:59 AM

On Jan 6, 7:19*pm, Adrienne Boswell <arb...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Gazing into my crystal ball I observed msfs
> <sebastian.sab...@cpba.com.ar> writing in news:346c151a-dd6d-454d-a127-
> a6fdc5ac6...@26g2000yqo.googlegroups.com:
>

> > Hello everyone, anibody has experience on this??

> > I have a web service that's used for export a rpt (Crystal Reports IX)
> > to a PDF file. This report has a barcode made with interleaved20f5
> > font.

> > When I use it from my development enviroment its works fine, but when
> > y use a test server in place of barcode *font I see a replacement
> > font.

> > The interleaved 20f5 font it's installed on test server. Furthermore,
> > if I run the report directly on test server, it's works. It's seems
> > the trouble resides on the web service, or maybe over IIS, like if the
> > font cannot be found. Anybody has any idea or can suggest me where can
> > found information related on this??

> > Thanks a lot, cheers from Argentina.

> Is it an embedable font? *If it's not you can have a real problem,
> because the PDF will lose the font once it gets to the client as well.
>
> --
> Adrienne Boswell at Home
> Arbpen Web Site Design Serviceshttp://www.cavalcade-of-coding.info
> Please respond to the group so others can share- Hide quoted text -

Hi Adrienne! Thanks for the response.

Yes, it's an embedable font, the only extrange thing we found at the
moment resides on the font directory, we have 2 type of true type
font. One of these have an double t icon (I.e. Interleaved2of5) and
the another has an big o or something like this, the fonts with the
big O are exported correctly and the font with double T icon dont in
our test server, but yes in development enviroment.

I'm not sure if can be a permission trouble with IIS 6.0 but continue
investigant.

Cheers.

msfs 01-08-2010 11:17 AM

On Jan 7, 8:59*am, msfs <sebastian.sab...@cpba.com.ar> wrote:
> On Jan 6, 7:19*pm, Adrienne Boswell <arb...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>

> > Gazing into my crystal ball I observed msfs
> > <sebastian.sab...@cpba.com.ar> writing in news:346c151a-dd6d-454d-a127-
> > a6fdc5ac6...@26g2000yqo.googlegroups.com:

> > > Hello everyone, anibody has experience on this??

> > > I have a web service that's used for export a rpt (Crystal Reports IX)
> > > to a PDF file. This report has a barcode made with interleaved20f5
> > > font.

> > > When I use it from my development enviroment its works fine, but when
> > > y use a test server in place of barcode *font I see a replacement
> > > font.

> > > The interleaved 20f5 font it's installed on test server. Furthermore,
> > > if I run the report directly on test server, it's works. It's seems
> > > the trouble resides on the web service, or maybe over IIS, like if the
> > > font cannot be found. Anybody has any idea or can suggest me where can
> > > found information related on this??

> > > Thanks a lot, cheers from Argentina.

> > Is it an embedable font? *If it's not you can have a real problem,
> > because the PDF will lose the font once it gets to the client as well.

> > --
> > Adrienne Boswell at Home
> > Arbpen Web Site Design Serviceshttp://www.cavalcade-of-coding.info
> > Please respond to the group so others can share- Hide quoted text -

> Hi Adrienne! Thanks for the response.
>
> Yes, it's an embedable font, the only extrange thing we found at the
> moment resides on the font directory, we have 2 type of true type
> font. One of these have an double t icon (I.e. Interleaved2of5) and
> the another has an big o or something like this, the fonts with the
> big O are exported correctly and the font with double T icon dont in
> our test server, but yes in development enviroment.
>
> I'm not sure if can be a permission trouble with IIS 6.0 but continue
> investigant.
>
> Cheers.- Hide quoted text -

Solved!

It's strange, but installing Crystal Reports Net over test server
solves the trouble. The only option selected from Visual Studio
Installation Disc was Crystal Reports Net, the others not installed.

Cheers