Velocity Reviews

-   -   Increase Width of GridView Column (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t804440-increase-width-of-gridview-column.html)

dmbuso 08-24-2008 01:34 PM

Increase Width of GridView Column

How do I increase the default width of a gridview column (just one column,
the 10th column, named "Notes")?

In design mode, I changed the width properties of the HeaderStyle,
ControlStyle, and ItemStyle to 300 px and set Wrap to False for the
HeaderStyle and ItemStyle. When I accept settings the "Notes" field widens in
design mode but when I run the web site, the Notes field is back to default
width.

PS - My gridview is bound to SqlDataSource1 which is a SELECT statement to a
SQL Server 2005 database table.

--
Dave B.

Bob Barrows [MVP] 08-24-2008 01:42 PM

Re: Increase Width of GridView Column

dmbuso wrote:
> How do I increase the default width of a gridview column (just one
> column, the 10th column, named "Notes")?
>
> In design mode, I changed the width properties of the HeaderStyle,
> ControlStyle, and ItemStyle to 300 px and set Wrap to False for the
> HeaderStyle and ItemStyle. When I accept settings the "Notes" field
> widens in design mode but when I run the web site, the Notes field is
> back to default width.
>
> PS - My gridview is bound to SqlDataSource1 which is a SELECT
> statement to a SQL Server 2005 database table.

recommended practice) , but this is a classic (COM-based) asp newsgroup.
ASP.Net bears very little resemblance to classic ASP so, while you may be
lucky enough to find a dotnet-knowledgeable person here who can answer your
question, you can eliminate the luck factor by posting your question to a
group where those dotnet-knowledgeable people hang out. I suggest

Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
"NO SPAM"

dmbuso 08-24-2008 01:44 PM

RE: Increase Width of GridView Column

Sorry, I will post this to the microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet
newsgroup.
--
Dave B.