Velocity Reviews

-   -   Product activation code (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t804226-product-activation-code.html)

B. Nelsen 05-14-2008 03:39 PM

Product activation code

Hello,
I have an ASP provider and an Access Database.
I need to build a small webpage where the user can enter his "user id"
and a "hardware code", and if the "user id" is correct (will be checked
against the db which means the user id must exist) a function will
generate a product activation code from his/ her "hardware code" and
show it on the next page.

I think the database thing is not a problem, but I have not been able to
create a simple function that is hacksafe and cannot be "downloaded".
Could anybody give me a hint where I can find an example of such a
function so that I can understand how I have to encapsulate the
important parts so that nobody can see it?

Thank you very much!

Evertjan. 05-14-2008 04:52 PM

Re: Product activation code

B. Nelsen wrote on 14 mei 2008 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:

> Hello,
> I have an ASP provider and an Access Database.
> I need to build a small webpage where the user can enter his "user id"
> and a "hardware code", and if the "user id" is correct (will be checked
> against the db which means the user id must exist) a function will
> generate a product activation code from his/ her "hardware code" and
> show it on the next page.
>
> I think the database thing is not a problem, but I have not been able to
> create a simple function that is hacksafe and cannot be "downloaded".
> Could anybody give me a hint where I can find an example of such a
> function so that I can understand how I have to encapsulate the
> important parts so that nobody can see it?

Just keep the code serverside and give no access to the server for seing
the asp code. So teach yourself the concepts of sql-injection protection.

If is is too important mony or security wize and you do not feel up to the
task, hire a professional.

--
Evertjan.
The Netherlands.