Velocity Reviews

-   -   include and memory in apppool (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t803931-include-and-memory-in-apppool.html)

jose 01-13-2008 06:04 PM

include and memory in apppool

my asp structure is:

Default.asp 'with two iframes
-Page1.asp
-Page2.asp

Page1.asp y Page2.asp:

<!--#include virtual='Include.asp'-->

only for test my Include.asp have 1mb.

to load this my pool finish with 17mb. but if i use only one iframe the pool
have 13mb.

why? any solution for this?

i can't replace the iframe with divs and include include.asp in default.asp

tnk.!!!

Adrienne Boswell 01-13-2008 10:48 PM

Re: include and memory in apppool

Gazing into my crystal ball I observed =?Utf-8?B?am9zZQ==?=
<jose@discussions.microsoft.com> writing in

> my asp structure is:
>
> Default.asp 'with two iframes
> -Page1.asp
> -Page2.asp

What about browsers that don't support iframe?

> Page1.asp y Page2.asp:
>
><!--#include virtual='Include.asp'-->
>
> only for test my Include.asp have 1mb.
>
> to load this my pool finish with 17mb. but if i use only one iframe
> the pool have 13mb.
>
> why? any solution for this?

URL?

> i can't replace the iframe with divs and include include.asp in
> default.asp

Why not?

--
Adrienne Boswell at Home
Arbpen Web Site Design Services

Anthony Jones 01-13-2008 11:12 PM

"jose" <jose@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> my asp structure is:
>
> Default.asp 'with two iframes
> -Page1.asp
> -Page2.asp
>
> Page1.asp y Page2.asp:
>
> <!--#include virtual='Include.asp'-->
>
> only for test my Include.asp have 1mb.
>
> to load this my pool finish with 17mb. but if i use only one iframe the

pool
> have 13mb.
>
> why? any solution for this?
>
> i can't replace the iframe with divs and include include.asp in

default.asp

Try server executing the include.asp instead of using include.

The problem with using an include is that IIS creates a new 'page' by
replacing all the includes with the contents of the source files then
'compiles' the result.

It's also worth just considering whether this is really a problem?
What's in the include asp anyway?

--
Anthony Jones - MVP ASP/ASP.NET