Velocity Reviews

-   -   Converting Website to 'Moveable' Application (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t803769-converting-website-to-moveable-application.html)

ll 11-19-2007 05:11 PM

Converting Website to 'Moveable' Application

Hi,
I'm currently working with a 'classic ASP' intranet site which uses a
SQL server and am looking for possible ways to market it as an
application for certain medical fields. Where would be a good place
to start with this?
Thanks for any help,
Louis

Evertjan. 11-19-2007 10:05 PM

Re: Converting Website to 'Moveable' Application

ll wrote on 19 nov 2007 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:

> I'm currently working with a 'classic ASP' intranet site which uses a
> SQL server and am looking for possible ways to market it as an
> application for certain medical fields. Where would be a good place
> to start with this?

You want to sell your internet site?

That is not an ASP Q.

Wrong NG.

--
Evertjan.
The Netherlands.

Anthony Jones 11-20-2007 09:46 AM

"ll" <barn104_1999@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> I'm currently working with a 'classic ASP' intranet site which uses a
> SQL server and am looking for possible ways to market it as an
> application for certain medical fields. Where would be a good place
> to start with this?

Thats a tough question which is going to be geographically specific. I
doubt this is a function of being an Intranet application it will be more a
function of the medical problem it is solving.

--
Anthony Jones - MVP ASP/ASP.NET

ll 11-21-2007 06:19 PM

On Nov 20, 12:50 pm, "McKirahan" <N...@McKirahan.com> wrote:
> "McKirahan" <N...@McKirahan.com> wrote in message
>
> news:QoadnSowG50nb9_anZ2dnUVZ_ommnZ2d@comcast.com. ..
>
> > "ll" <barn104_1...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > > Hi,
> > > I'm currently working with a 'classic ASP' intranet site which uses a
> > > SQL server and am looking for possible ways to market it as an
> > > application for certain medical fields. Where would be a good place
> > > to start with this?

> > What are you wanting to do?
> > a) Offer your application over the Internet?
> > b) Offer your application as a standalone utility?
> > c) Assistance with marketing your application?

> Per your subject line "Converting Website to 'Moveable' Application":
>
> Do you want to "move" your application to a Web server on the Internet
> that you control or to the intranet Web servers of your customers?
>
> Or do you want a fully portable application that doesn't require a Web
> server? To do this approach you could convert the SQL Server database
> to SQL Server Express (or MS-Access) and the ASP pages to an HTA.

Many thanks - yes, the fully portable application is what I was
getting at. Will look into these options.