Velocity Reviews

-   -   call a DLL from ASP without registering - hosting (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t802198-call-a-dll-from-asp-without-registering-hosting.html)

gaschurman@yahoo.com 10-15-2006 04:12 PM

call a DLL from ASP without registering - hosting

I have a DLL (imagemagick) that I need to use in my site , but the web
hosting does not allow me to register the DLL.

is there any way to use that DLL refiring to the Path without
registering ?
or any other workaround ?

this is the actual code I use to invoke the dll in my local server, but
in the hosted server it won't work

set img = server.CreateObject("ImageMagickObject.MagickImage .1")

I will appreciate your help.
thanks

G.

Anthony Jones 10-15-2006 08:55 PM

Re: call a DLL from ASP without registering - hosting

<gaschurman@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:1160928754.886328.49930@k70g2000cwa.googlegro ups.com...
> I have a DLL (imagemagick) that I need to use in my site , but the web
> hosting does not allow me to register the DLL.
>
> is there any way to use that DLL refiring to the Path without
> registering ?

Nope.

> or any other workaround ?

Nope again. (Unless your site has admin rights to the machine. If that is
true change ISPs now!)

Firas 10-17-2006 02:27 AM

Re: call a DLL from ASP without registering - hosting

Try taking advantage from FSO, there could be a possible that there
security is low, which will help registering it there.

Best Regards
Firas S Assaad