Job vacancy - .net developer - Paris
Please apply before midnight, Paris time, on: 07/10/2006 ->
The OECD is a unique forum where the governments of 30 market
democracies work together to address the economic, social and
governance challenges of the globalising world economy, as well as to
exploit its opportunities.
We are looking for aProgrammer/Analyst with strong analytical and
application development skills. Working in a team, you will be
responsible for developing, implementing and supporting business
applications. Main duties include carrying out functional and systems
analysis, developing interfaces, maintaining existing applications,
resolving problems, evaluating and adapting software
products/solutions, preparing technical documentation and providing
technical and user support. You will work under the supervision of the
team leader in the Corporate Systems and Services Division of
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY AND NETWORK SERVICES which is part of the
1. Working as part of the development team, assist with the definition
of needs for new information management systems in client areas.
Analyse business processes and recommend best practices. Draw up
development plans together with clients and, design and implement
2. Write and test computer programs to meet the needs of the
Organisation. In consultation with clients, participate in the
definition of application architectures, database structures, user
interface layouts, workflows, control processes, interfaces with other
applications and post-implementation reviews.
3. Establish and review procedures to ensure the availability, optimal
functioning, integrity and security of information management
application modules and related system software. Prepare and maintain
corresponding documentation of operating procedures, data and work
flows, user processes and system controls.
4. Provide support for information management systems and maintain good
contact with user representatives and other ITN support areas.
Follow-up on problems encountered, in liaison with other ITN staff and
5. Prepare and maintain end-user documentation, on-line help, promotion
and training material. Train clients and users and assist them in the
appropriate use of their applications.
6. Work in conjunction with other ITN divisions to ensure that all
necessary hardware, software, backups and related systems facilities
are functioning properly. Provide management statistics on information
7. Perform other related duties as required.
Qualifications: education, experience, communication and languages
1. A university degree, preferably in computer science or a related
field, or equivalent experience.
2. Very good programming skills demonstrated through several years'
experience. Experience with modern programming languages (particularly
Microsoft development technologies), application development, systems
design and development methodologies. Good working knowledge of
computing and communications technologies, including web based
development, database systems, workflow technologies and
Internet/Intranet technologies. Proven ability to rapidly master new
computer and communications technologies.
3. Extensive programming experience in the following languages and
tools is essential: ASP.NET, Visual Basic.NET, SQLserver and
PeopleSoft, COM Objects, ASP, MS Office, and Windows XP Workstations
would be a distinct advantage.
4. Strong analytical, communication and problem solving skills. Ability
to quickly narrow down through a process of elimination, the cause of
problems and suggest solutions to resolve them. Ability to explain
clearly and succinctly (in writing and orally), the purpose and results
of analysis, technical solutions, research and development work.
5. Very good interpersonal skills. Demonstrated ability to develop and
maintain good working relations with users to correctly understand and
formulate their requirements; and to develop appropriate system
6. Capacity to work in a multi-cultural environment showing
flexibility, good judgment, tact, and respect for colleagues, even
whilst working under pressure.
7. Initiative, be able to take on responsibility, show flexibility by
adapting to evolving needs and can work in a multi-cultural team or
individually with minimal supervision.
8. Very good knowledge of one of the official languages of the
Organisation (English and French) and good knowledge of the other.
N.B. The appointment may initially be made at the level immediately
below if the qualifications and professional experience of the selected
applicant correspond to that level; in this case, the duties and
responsibilities assigned to the post will be adjusted accordingly.
|All times are GMT. The time now is 11:11 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin®. Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.