Velocity Reviews

-   -   Crystal report Generation (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t802057-crystal-report-generation.html)

Jack 09-24-2006 09:16 AM

Crystal report Generation

Hello All,
Can anyone here suggest me a solution to solve my follwoing problem?

1) I got a .aspx page and on that page i got a combo box and a command button.
Combo box displays records from the database.
I wanted to generate a report which is based on the record that user selects
from the
combo.
The report is designed using crystal report correctly and saved in Inetpub
folder...

For example the combo contains name like
aaaaa
bbbbb
ccccc
ddddd
eeeee
fffff
ggggg
and if user selects bbbbb and click on the Generate button the report should
only the
details of bbbbb...

If anyone can give code its very much appreciated...

Thanks in advance
Jackfadd

Bob Barrows [MVP] 09-24-2006 12:28 PM

Re: Crystal report Generation

Jack wrote:
> Hello All,
> Can anyone here suggest me a solution to solve my follwoing problem?
>
> 1) I got a .aspx page and on that page i got a combo box and a

recommended practice) , but this is a classic asp newsgroup. ASP.Net bears
very little resemblance to classic ASP so, while you may be lucky enough to
find a dotnet-knowledgeable person here who can answer your question, you
can eliminate the luck factor by posting your question to a group where
those dotnet-knowledgeable people hang out. I suggest

Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
"NO SPAM"

Bob Barrows [MVP] 09-24-2006 12:33 PM

Bob Barrows [MVP] wrote:
> Jack wrote:
>> Hello All,
>> Can anyone here suggest me a solution to solve my follwoing problem?
>>
>> 1) I got a .aspx page and on that page i got a combo box and a

> There was no way for you to know it (except maybe by browsing through
> some of the previous questions in this newsgroup before posting yours
> - always a recommended practice) , but this is a classic asp
> newsgroup. ASP.Net bears very little resemblance to classic ASP so,
> while you may be lucky enough to find a dotnet-knowledgeable person
> here who can answer your question, you can eliminate the luck factor
> by posting your question to a group where those dotnet-knowledgeable
> people hang out. I suggest microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.

Oops - I hit Send too soon!

Moreover, your question really does not make sense or I would have tried to
answer it here. When you post to the aspnet group, rephrase your question.

ASP.Net does not have a combo box (you must be coming from a VB6
background).
A dropdown contains a list of optiontags, not records.
Do you have a saved report file with paarameter(s)? If so provide some
details
Are you asking how to pass parameter values to a report?

--
Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
"NO SPAM"