Velocity Reviews

-   -   cookie testing (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t801922-cookie-testing.html)

shank 08-30-2006 05:14 PM

cookie testing

I need to revisit cookie testing. On the home page and every product page I
write a cookie. I do this because some users enter by direct links to
product pages.

<%
Response.Cookies("cookietest") = ("49")
Response.Cookies("cookietest").Expires = Date + 2
%>

On the cart page I test for the cookie...

<%
If Request.Cookies("cookietest") <> "49" Then
Response.Redirect("err.asp?e=1")
End If
%>

I have a user that insists he has cookies enabled, yet he keeps getting
redirected to my error page which suggests he does not have cookies enabled.
What could cause this? Is the above too simple for all circumstances?

Is there more extensive code that I could setup on a hidden page where I can
send users to get read out on how they actually have their browsers setup?
i.e. Run a test on their browser and the results are emailed to me.

thanks!

Jay 08-30-2006 05:21 PM

Re: cookie testing

Whenever i use cookies, i ues this....

Response.Cookies("cookietest") = "49"
Response.Cookies("cookietest").Expires = Date + 2

Try that, it might help i hope

James Jones