Velocity Reviews

-   -   MS SQL search (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t801918-ms-sql-search.html)

ash 08-30-2006 09:27 AM

MS SQL search

I want to search the content of some database tables,
do asp has some function or tool do this?
thx

Ray Costanzo [MVP] 08-30-2006 01:40 PM

Re: MS SQL search

Can you be more specific? If you want content from a database, you query
it.

Ray at work

ash 08-31-2006 02:00 AM

Re: MS SQL search

is there any function in asp read through all the tables in the db and
search the all content that matched, then display to the link relevant asp.

thx

"Ray Costanzo [MVP]" <my first name at lane 34 dot commercial> 在郵件
news:eQcrNnDzGHA.4596@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl 中撰寫...

Bob Barrows [MVP] 08-31-2006 10:37 AM

Re: MS SQL search

No. you need to look into Full-text indexing, which is built into SQL
Server.

--
Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
"NO SPAM"

ash 09-01-2006 02:36 AM

Re: MS SQL search

Is Full-text indexing is for searching the for all tables in the db with
matching word in the content? where can i find it in SQL Server?
Thx

Best Regards, Stephy Ku Innovation Square 2756 6618
"Bob Barrows [MVP]" <reb01501@NOyahoo.SPAMcom> 在郵件
news:uq9a8lOzGHA.1292@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl 中撰寫...

Bob Barrows [MVP] 09-01-2006 12:36 PM

Re: MS SQL search

ash wrote:
> Is Full-text indexing is for searching the for all tables in the db
> with matching word in the content?

Ummmm ... that's why I suggested it ....

> where can i find it in SQL Server?
> Thx

I've never used it myself so all I can tell you is to look it up in BOL
(Books Online).
You will have better luck looking for support in a sqlserver group. I think
they have one devoted to full-text indexing issues ... yes, it's called
microsoft.public.sqlserver.fulltext

--
Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
"NO SPAM"