Velocity Reviews

-   -   Linked Form Menus (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t801519-linked-form-menus.html)

gjoneshtfc@volcanomail.com 06-22-2006 05:10 PM

Linked Form Menus

Hello

I currently have a page with car manufacturers in a dynamic form menu.
Users can select one and click submit to find available cars by that
manufacturer. What i now need is a second menu on the page where when a
manufacturer is selected, the models associated with that manufacturer
display for a user to choose. For example if Ford is selected:

Menu One Menu Two
------------------ -----------------
Ford Focus
Fiesta
Ka....

Can i do this with ASP to say "if menu one is ford, menu two
contains...."? Or is there a much easier way which i am somehow
missing?

Thanks for your help,
Gareth

surf_doggie 06-22-2006 05:31 PM

Re: Linked Form Menus

You need a combo of JavaScript and ASP assuming you are pulling your
car values from a DB.

http://forums.aspfree.com/code-bank-...xes-53159.html

Earl
www.jhdesigninc.com

gjoneshtfc@volcanomail.com 06-22-2006 05:45 PM

Re: Linked Form Menus

Hi Earl,

Indeed i am getting my values from a database. Thanks for the link... i
will check it out now and get back to the thread if i have any
problems.

Thanks again,
Gareth

gjoneshtfc@volcanomail.com 06-24-2006 10:55 AM

Re: Linked Form Menus

Earl,

Got that working without any problems at all! Thanks for the link! Just
one quick query though... At the moment the two drop down menus are
side by side like this:
_________ _________
|________| |________|

Is there any way to get them one on top of the other:
_________
|________|
_________
|________|

I know it is somewhere in the asp script but i do not know enough asp
yet to understand where i can put a line break.

Thanks again for your help,
Regards, Gareth

gjoneshtfc@volcanomail.com 06-24-2006 12:36 PM

Re: Linked Form Menus

Never mind! I read the rest of the posts on the link you sent and the
answer was there! I should have done that before posting so sorry about
that!

However, a question i do have is how can i reduce the size of the menu.
Currently, when the user clicks on the drop down menu 30 options come
up... can i reduce this at all?

The code i need to alter is Part 3 on this page:

http://forums.aspfree.com/code-bank-...xes-53159.html

Thanks for your help
Gareth