Velocity Reviews

-   -   CDOSys and Hotmail (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t800912-cdosys-and-hotmail.html)

Saf 03-16-2006 04:50 PM

CDOSys and Hotmail

I have an asp registration form, generating a html email, using cdosys.

When a hotmail user registers they receive an empty email or so it
seems, until you forward the email then the contents appeas as if by
magic. Is this a problm in the way my asp page is generating the email
or is it a settings issue with the hotmail account

Regards

Saf

Adrienne Boswell 03-16-2006 07:35 PM

Re: CDOSys and Hotmail

Gazing into my crystal ball I observed "Saf" <safgan@blueyonder.co.uk>
writing in news:1142527812.420176.200600@j33g2000cwa.googlegr oups.com:

> I have an asp registration form, generating a html email, using cdosys.
>
> When a hotmail user registers they receive an empty email or so it
> seems, until you forward the email then the contents appeas as if by
> magic. Is this a problm in the way my asp page is generating the email
> or is it a settings issue with the hotmail account
>
> Regards
>

> Saf

Plain text is always better because:
a) it cannot contain viruses
b) it is not suseptible to web based mail problems like the one your
describe (1)

Try sending the mail to other providers, and try looking at the message in
a browser (not through web based mail). Try validating the message to see
if there are any huge markup errors that might be causing Hotmail to choke
on it.

(1) I had an issue once where Hotmail was deleting the CSS in the Head
section of an HTML message.

--
Adrienne Boswell
http://www.cavalcade-of-coding.info

Saf 03-17-2006 11:48 AM

Re: CDOSys and Hotmail

Adrienne

Thanks for the responce, I've tried it with most email yahoo, lycos
etc, and the only poblem I have is with Hotmail

And the link below youe name doent work

Saf

Slim 03-17-2006 03:42 PM

Re: CDOSys and Hotmail

"Saf" <safgan@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
news:1142596099.350910.45120@z34g2000cwc.googlegro ups.com...
> Adrienne
>
> Thanks for the responce, I've tried it with most email yahoo, lycos
> etc, and the only poblem I have is with Hotmail
>
> And the link below youe name doent work
>
> Saf

hotmail removes some things from your emails, such as absolute positioning