Velocity Reviews

-   -   Pull data based on Text box info (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t800848-pull-data-based-on-text-box-info.html)

jimstruckster@gmail.com 03-09-2006 02:51 PM

Pull data based on Text box info

I'm looking to display information pulled from a database based on
information the user puts into a text box. The user will enter their
sales rep number and I want to hit a table and return their name as
soon as they tab off of the text box. Any ideas or help would be
appreciated, Thanks

Mike Brind 03-09-2006 06:57 PM

Re: Pull data based on Text box info

jimstruckster@gmail.com wrote:
> I'm looking to display information pulled from a database based on
> information the user puts into a text box. The user will enter their
> sales rep number and I want to hit a table and return their name as
> soon as they tab off of the text box. Any ideas or help would be
> appreciated, Thanks

Use the javascript blur event to submit the form.

--
Mike Brind

Bob Barrows [MVP] 03-09-2006 07:09 PM

Re: Pull data based on Text box info

jimstruckster@gmail.com wrote:
> I'm looking to display information pulled from a database based on
> information the user puts into a text box. The user will enter their
> sales rep number and I want to hit a table and return their name as
> soon as they tab off of the text box. Any ideas or help would be
> appreciated, Thanks

It sounds as if you wish to do this without submitting the form, so you will
need to do this with client-side code using the xmlhttp object. See a
client-side scripting newsgroup such as microsoft.public.scripting.jscript
for details.
--
Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET