Velocity Reviews

-   -   Data entry in asp like excel spreadsheet (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t800784-data-entry-in-asp-like-excel-spreadsheet.html)

Jack 03-01-2006 12:21 AM

Data entry in asp like excel spreadsheet

I have asp project where large volume of data entry would be done. I am
trying to find out if there is any tool that can allow me to build asp
application where the forms would be like excel spreadsheet. I appreciate any
help. Thanks.

Tim Slattery 03-01-2006 01:59 PM

Re: Data entry in asp like excel spreadsheet

"Jack" <Jack@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I have asp project where large volume of data entry would be done. I am
>trying to find out if there is any tool that can allow me to build asp
>application where the forms would be like excel spreadsheet. I appreciate any
>help.

Regardless of whether you're running ASP, J2EE, PHP, or anything else
at the server, your user interface is HTML. The nearest thing in HTML
to an Excel spreadsheet would be an HTML table with an <input
type="text"...> element in each cell and *lots and lots* of
client-side Javascript.

You also use ActiveX (if you can persuade your users to install them),
Flash, Shockwave, Java applets, which can deliver a richer client-side
interface. They all require a steeper investment in programming time,
of course.

--
Tim Slattery
MS MVP(DTS)

Jack 03-01-2006 02:33 PM

Re: Data entry in asp like excel spreadsheet

Thanks for your feedback. I appreciate it.