Velocity Reviews

-   -   HTTP 302 (Response.Redirect) to mms:// URL gives error, to http:// is ok. (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t800743-http-302-response-redirect-to-mms-url-gives-error-to-http-is-ok.html)

David Morgan 02-24-2006 11:45 AM

HTTP 302 (Response.Redirect) to mms:// URL gives error, to http:// is ok.

Hello

Apologies for the cross-post, but I am not sure where the problem lies.

We have an ASP based website where we redirect users to MMS Publishing
Points.

So, guy clicks on http:// .asp link, we do a db update, then use
Response.Redirect to redirect them to a mms:// URL.

This works fine for me on W2K, XP Home and XP Pro with WMP 10, but I have
had many reports from visitors saying that they get connection errors and
access denied messages. I am sure they are using similar configurations to
me.

Now I am redirecting to http:// (so http streaming), and the problem seems
to have gone away. This is not ideal as we had intended to use RTSP to
stream our content.

Has anyone else experienced problems of this nature?

Thanks

David

raj chahal 02-24-2006 01:33 PM

Re: HTTP 302 (Response.Redirect) to mms:// URL gives error, to http:// is ok.

Could be that the firewall is blocking all mms protocols, whereas http will
use the usual port 80.

"David Morgan" <microsoft_newsgroups@nospam-davidmorgan.me.uk> wrote in
message news:uesTefTOGHA.2916@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...