Velocity Reviews

-   -   Text Wrap (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t800643-text-wrap.html)

Scott 02-12-2006 05:31 PM

Text Wrap

Is there a way to force the below testxxxxx text to wrap or stay within the
200px width of it's cell? Sometimes I have long url's that make a html email
table stretch because of long length. I thought maybe there was a tag like
NOWRAP that may prevent this behavior.

Any ideas?

HTML:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx</td>

Evertjan. 02-12-2006 10:05 PM

Re: Text Wrap

Scott wrote on 12 feb 2006 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:

> Is there a way to force the below testxxxxx text to wrap or stay
> within the 200px width of it's cell? Sometimes I have long url's that
> make a html email table stretch because of long length. I thought
> maybe there was a tag like NOWRAP that may prevent this behavior.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> HTML:

> xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> x</td>

Not with serverside ASP code.

Please ask a clientside group [CSS]

--
Evertjan.
The Netherlands.

Scott 02-13-2006 01:43 AM

Re: Text Wrap

which group would that be?

dNagel 02-13-2006 06:46 AM

Re: Text Wrap

> which group would that be?
>
>>>Any ideas?

>>Please ask a clientside group [CSS]

How about : microsoft.public.scripting.jscript

D.

dNagel 02-13-2006 06:49 AM

Re: Text Wrap

maybe...

or

just off the top of my head...

D.

Evertjan. 02-13-2006 09:38 AM

Re: Text Wrap

dNagel wrote on 13 feb 2006 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:

> just off the top of my head...

Topposting, that is?

--
Evertjan.
The Netherlands.

dNagel 02-13-2006 07:19 PM

Re: Text Wrap

On occasion I've probably been seen picking my nose in public too.
Seemingly, you are attempting to chastise me for not ascribing to
your preference for the placement of my reply. Please try to
understand that there are people in this world, to include myself,
who are diferent than you. I believe the correct response to your
question is, "Next".

Evertjan. 02-13-2006 07:44 PM

Re: Text Wrap

dNagel wrote on 13 feb 2006 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:

> Evertjan. wrote:
>> dNagel wrote on 13 feb 2006 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:
>>

>>>just off the top of my head...
>>>

>> Topposting, that is?

> On occasion I've probably been seen picking my nose in public too.
> Seemingly, you are attempting to chastise me for not ascribing to
> your preference for the placement of my reply. Please try to
> understand that there are people in this world, to include myself,
> who are diferent than you. I believe the correct response to your
> question is, "Next".

"attempting to chastise"?

Not at all, it seems only logical to toppost out of the top of your head.

The difference between us could be that you I try to comply with
netiquette.

--
Evertjan.
The Netherlands.

Jevon 02-14-2006 10:14 AM

Re: Text Wrap

A netiquette that is severely outdated. I'm not going to get into an
argument about this, as it's been done to death in many places already, but
realise that the "netiquette" you're talking about stems from terminal days
before the majority of users had graphical newsreaders. Times change.

Jevon

Evertjan. 02-14-2006 12:49 PM

Re: Text Wrap

Jevon wrote on 14 feb 2006 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:
> "Evertjan." <exjxw.hannivoort@interxnl.net> wrote in message
>>
>> The difference between us could be that you I try to comply with
>> netiquette.

> A netiquette that is severely outdated. I'm not going to get into an
> argument about this, as it's been done to death in many places
> already, but realise that the "netiquette" you're talking about stems
> from terminal days before the majority of users had graphical
> newsreaders. Times change.

One of the first things you see with topposters,
is that they leave irrelevant quotings at the bottom.

> "I'm not going to get into an argument about this"

It seems to me you are starting and giving an argument here, Jevon,
but are afraid your argument "outdated" does not hold
with the strong arguments for sparse interposting.

--
Evertjan.
The Netherlands.