Velocity Reviews

-   -   HTTP Error 404 - File or directory not found (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t800466-http-error-404-file-or-directory-not-found.html)

anuragsaxenajpr@hotmail.com 01-19-2006 06:45 AM

HTTP Error 404 - File or directory not found

I am using IIS 6.0 under windows 2003 server and unable to run the .ASP
page, when I try to run ASP page the error comes on IE is

HTTP Error 404 - File or directory not found.
Internet Information Services (IIS)

The file exist in respective directory and directory is also virtual.
Also I am very much able to run .ASPX page exist on the same directory.

I also checked configuration settings for .ASP extension and found that
all settings are correct.

This is somewhat urgent, Please help me on that issue.
Thanks in Advance.

Luke Zhang [MSFT] 01-19-2006 09:22 AM

RE: HTTP Error 404 - File or directory not found

You may open the IIS manager window, click the "Web Service Extesions", is
"Active Server Pages" set "allowed" here? if not, you may set it to
"allowed" and reset your IIS to see if this will help.

Luke

dNagel 01-20-2006 03:05 AM

Re: HTTP Error 404 - File or directory not found

Make sure that Parent Paths is turned on in the properties for your site or web.
???
Is it possible that you're trying to ref something up the directory hierarchy and
with Parent Paths turned off, it can't get there?

D.

Edward Low 01-20-2006 06:30 PM

Edward Low 01-21-2006 07:14 PM

Re: HTTP Error 404 - File or directory not found

Hi,

thanks! Got it done.

Edward

Spark.Qiu@gmail.com 02-02-2006 04:09 PM

Re: HTTP Error 404 - File or directory not found

IIS 6.0 is different with IIS 5.x
if you used "include" in your pages and you had not changed the default
settings, it will be show file not find.
you can try to change some settings in IIS.