Velocity Reviews

-   -   can't create object: 'Scripting.FileSystemObject' (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t800287-cant-create-object-scripting-filesystemobject.html)

Astra 12-20-2005 03:45 PM

can't create object: 'Scripting.FileSystemObject'

Hi All

I know there are numerous postings on the web about this, but none of them
seem definitive and they haven't resolved my issue.

I'm running WinXP Professional and IIS v5.1 to create my ASP sites.

JMail, ASPupload, ODBC, OLEDB all work fine, but I keep getting:

ActiveX component can't create object: 'Scripting.FileSystemObject'

on the FileSys routine in my ASP pages. I have to use it because I need to
dynamically look into the contents of a set folder.

I know its down to an external issue such as permissions, because the exact
same page/site works fine on 2 other WinXP machines with the same config.

I've done IIS' in-built permissions wizard routine on the entire ASP folder,
but still to no avail.

Is there any magic process that I can apply to resolve this once and for
all??

Rgds

Robbie

Bob Barrows [MVP] 12-20-2005 04:27 PM

Re: can't create object: 'Scripting.FileSystemObject'

Astra wrote:
> Hi All
>
> I know there are numerous postings on the web about this, but none
> of them seem definitive and they haven't resolved my issue.
>
> I'm running WinXP Professional and IIS v5.1 to create my ASP sites.
>
> JMail, ASPupload, ODBC, OLEDB all work fine, but I keep getting:
>
> ActiveX component can't create object: 'Scripting.FileSystemObject'

Is this the problem?
http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2180

--
Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET

Astra 12-20-2005 04:57 PM

Re: can't create object: 'Scripting.FileSystemObject'

Hi Bob

Thanks for this, but no joy.

I don't have Norton or McAfee installed.

I do have MS Anti-Spyware and Windows Security setup so disabled these to
see if they made a diff, but they didn't.

Any more ideas?

Rgds Robbie

John Blessing 12-20-2005 07:13 PM

Re: can't create object: 'Scripting.FileSystemObject'

"Bob Barrows [MVP]" <reb01501@NOyahoo.SPAMcom> wrote in message
> Astra wrote:
>> Hi All
>>
>> I know there are numerous postings on the web about this, but none
>> of them seem definitive and they haven't resolved my issue.
>>
>> I'm running WinXP Professional and IIS v5.1 to create my ASP sites.
>>
>> JMail, ASPupload, ODBC, OLEDB all work fine, but I keep getting:
>>
>> ActiveX component can't create object: 'Scripting.FileSystemObject'

It may be a dependent file it is failing on. Try
http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/source/filemon.shtml . Set the log
running, generate the error , stop the log. Examine the log file, it will
show:

The program making the call
The file being called
Success or failure.

This should give you a good idea of where the problem is.

--
John Blessing

businesses
for your meeting/class over the web.
http://www.lbetoolbox.com - Remove Duplicates from MS Outlook, find/replace,
send newsletters

Laphan 12-20-2005 09:36 PM

Re: can't create object: 'Scripting.FileSystemObject'

Many thanks John