Velocity Reviews

-   -   email hyperlink on ASP page (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t800069-email-hyperlink-on-asp-page.html)

Paul Proefrock 11-23-2005 04:04 AM

email hyperlink on ASP page

I am generating an asp page with information on our organizations annual
calendar. One of the items presented is the contacts email address. It does
appear as a hyperlink but when you click on it, it generates an error page
that says "This Action is not allowed"

How do I get it to generate the Mailto: link and open email editor. I am
using FrontPage2003 to do all this

Any ideas?

thanks

Paul

MyndPhlyp 11-23-2005 10:06 AM

Re: email hyperlink on ASP page

"Paul Proefrock" <proefrock@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> I am generating an asp page with information on our organizations annual
> calendar. One of the items presented is the contacts email address. It

does
> appear as a hyperlink but when you click on it, it generates an error page
> that says "This Action is not allowed"
>
> How do I get it to generate the Mailto: link and open email editor. I am
> using FrontPage2003 to do all this
>
> Any ideas?

The HTML for an anchor with a mailto URL is:

It is interpreted entirely at the client. The client settings may be such
that the action is prohibited but it is unlikely in most situations. I
suspect you have a simple HTML syntax error somewhere on your page. You can
use the HTML Validator utility at W3.org to track down invalid code:

HTML Validator at W3.org:
http://validator.w3.org/

See also:

Reference from W3.org: