Velocity Reviews

-   -   HTTP_ Custom Headers do not overwrite in setRequestHeader (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t800063-http_-custom-headers-do-not-overwrite-in-setrequestheader.html)

Noel Volin 11-21-2005 10:17 PM

HTTP_ Custom Headers do not overwrite in setRequestHeader

If anyone has any ideas on this, it would be greatly appreciated. I will
posted the code below, however, the first GET sets and reads the Custom
Header as you would expect. After that, only the original Header value will
be returned by the Request.ServerVariables("HTTP_XML") call. I cannot seem
to deduce the problem. This happens on our server, as well as machine
localhost.

Client Code snippet:

var str_xml_request = str_xml_request =
"<request xmlns:branch_details='http://admin/branch_details'>"+
"<branch_details:branch_code>"+
obj_select_branch.options(obj_select_branch.select edIndex).value +
"</branch_details:branch_code>"+
"</request>"

// go get the details...
g_obj_xml_http.open("GET","xml_request_branch_deta ils.aspx",false);
g_obj_xml_http.setRequestHeader("xml",str_xml_requ est);
g_obj_xml_http.send(str_xml_request);

alert(str_xml_request);

Server Code snippet:

var obj_xml_dom = null;
obj_xml_dom = new ActiveXObject("microsoft.xmldom");
obj_xml_dom.async = false;

Response.Write(Request.ServerVariables("HTTP_xml") );
return;

----- End Code -----

After the first run, the same response is always returned.

Much Appreciated,

Noel Volin