Velocity Reviews

-   -   connection info in Global.asa (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t799932-connection-info-in-global-asa.html)

mvr 11-01-2005 02:43 PM

connection info in Global.asa

Hi all

Our ASP web application uses connection object from global.asa.
We hard coded Uid and pwd in global.asa.
Is there any way we can encrypt this Uid and Pwd in global.asa, or can
we access them through environment variables, if so can some one give me a
sample of code( to access environment variables through asp code.)

Thanks in Advance
mvr

Prabhat 11-01-2005 03:43 PM

Re: connection info in Global.asa

"mvr" <v_enkat@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi all
>
> Our ASP web application uses connection object from global.asa.
> We hard coded Uid and pwd in global.asa.
> Is there any way we can encrypt this Uid and Pwd in global.asa, or can
> we access them through environment variables, if so can some one give me
> sample of code( to access environment variables through asp code.)
>
> Thanks in Advance
> mvr

I will suggest you some DLL to connect the DB.

Prabhat