Velocity Reviews

-   -   How to get safearray from a Component (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t799892-how-to-get-safearray-from-a-component.html)

Patrice FRITSCH 10-26-2005 09:51 AM

How to get safearray from a Component

Does anybody know how to retrieve a safearray from a Component ?

In my asp code, I create an instance of the object, and I try to retrieve an
array of 3 strings.

Set myObject = CreateObject("A.B")
Dim arrSoft(3)

iRet = myObject.GetSoftVersions(arrSoft...)

I tried
iRet = myObject.GetSoftVersions(arrSoft)
iRet = myObject.GetSoftVersions(arrSoft())
iRet = myObject.GetSoftVersions(arrSoft(0))
and got each time an error message.

The méthod in the object is defined like this :
STDMETHODIMP XXXXXXX::GetSoftVersions(SAFEARRAY **versionTable, unsigned int
*RetValue)
and should return the array of 3 strings containing the software versions.

Can anybody help ???
Thank in adavance.
Patrice