Velocity Reviews

-   -   Build page based on link (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t799835-build-page-based-on-link.html)

wilscott 10-18-2005 01:43 PM

Build page based on link

This may have been asked before but I couldn't find it. I'm not
really an asp guy but I'm fumbling my way around. I don't have problems
creating connections, recordsets etc. But the in's and out's of asp I
don't really know. So.... Let's say I have access to data. Based on
which links (basically view, edit, new) I want a page to build in a
manner reflecting the link that was chosen. That is, if view is chosen
just show associated data, if edit is chosen, add to data, etc. It
seems like maybe the request object could help me out with this but I'm
not sure how.

Ray Costanzo [MVP] 10-18-2005 01:46 PM

Re: Build page based on link

Well, staying outside of the ASP.Net realm, you basically just have to write
your page according to your needs. There's nothing built in that will
create forms for you or interpret a querystring of "edit=1" to display data
in a different way.

Ray at work

news:1129643021.153257.89290@z14g2000cwz.googlegro ups.com...

Terren 10-20-2005 09:19 AM

Re: Build page based on link

Yip Ray is write. If it was that simple then an moron could simple
built a complete website by pressing 3 buttons. You could create one
asp page to do all this depending on the paramters you send it, but if
you are just starting out I would use a separate page for each function.