Velocity Reviews

-   -   IIS and XP Home (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t799553-iis-and-xp-home.html)

Si 09-09-2005 08:25 AM

IIS and XP Home

Hi,

Is there a component I can download that will run asp on XP Home?

I have XP Pro on my home dev system but only have XP Home on my laptop
and don't really want to spend out on another XP Pro license.

Thanks

Simon

Roland Hall 09-09-2005 08:56 AM

Re: IIS and XP Home

:
: I have XP Pro on my home dev system but only have XP Home on my laptop
: and don't really want to spend out on another XP Pro license.

I don't think there is one you can download but you can use IIS 5.0 that
comes with W2K Pro. MSFT doesn't support IIS on XP Home.

--
Roland Hall
or fitness for a particular purpose. */

Danny@Kendal 09-09-2005 08:58 AM

Re: IIS and XP Home

"Si" <simonATthedigitalvisionDOTcoDOTuk> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Is there a component I can download that will run asp on XP Home?
>
> I have XP Pro on my home dev system but only have XP Home on my laptop and
> don't really want to spend out on another XP Pro license.

A quick Google found this link
http://www.theeldergeek.com/running_...me_edition.htm