Velocity Reviews

-   -   CDO + CDONTS email routine? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t799286-cdo-cdonts-email-routine.html)

Noozer 07-30-2005 03:40 AM

CDO + CDONTS email routine?

Just curious... Some webapps that I develop could be deployed on older NT
systems OR Win2K3...

Is there a simple test for CDO/CDONTs that I can use in code so I could
implement both routines and use the one that's existing on the server?

Thx

Egbert Nierop \(MVP for IIS\) 08-02-2005 07:51 AM

Re: CDO + CDONTS email routine?

"Noozer" <dont.spam@me.here> wrote in message
> Just curious... Some webapps that I develop could be deployed on older NT
> systems OR Win2K3...
>
> Is there a simple test for CDO/CDONTs that I can use in code so I could
> implement both routines and use the one that's existing on the server?

Sure :)

On Error Resume Next
Set myTest = CreateObject("CDO.MailMessage")

if err.number > 0 Then
Set myTest = CreateObject("CDONTS.NewMail")
End If
err.clear