Velocity Reviews

-   -   Displaying latest file in a directory (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t799027-displaying-latest-file-in-a-directory.html)

maxhauser@mailcity.com 06-24-2005 04:56 PM

Displaying latest file in a directory

I have quick little page that I need to create but its sounds like the
concept is not so quick.

I have a folder with eight or ten files that can be displayed in a
browser. I need to display the file with the latest creation date. I
imagine there is some kind of ASP function that could like at the
filename's date and pick the file that meets the criteria. How can I do
this?

Bob Barrows [MVP] 06-24-2005 05:26 PM

Re: Displaying latest file in a directory

maxhauser@mailcity.com wrote:
> I have quick little page that I need to create but its sounds like the
> concept is not so quick.
>
> I have a folder with eight or ten files that can be displayed in a
> browser. I need to display the file with the latest creation date. I
> imagine there is some kind of ASP function that could like at the
> filename's date and pick the file that meets the criteria. How can I
> do this?

Do a search at www.aspfaq.com for filesystemobject. You'll see plenty of
examples. Do the same at msdn.microsoft.com/library.

Bob Barrows