Velocity Reviews

-   -   ASP Debugging Tools (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t798825-asp-debugging-tools.html)

RICHARD BROMBERG 05-27-2005 02:42 AM

ASP Debugging Tools

I am pretty new at ASP programming.

I am used to Compilers. assemblers and a lot of other systems that at least
give error numbers or some help in identifying and/or isolating syntax
errors, undefined or multiply defined variables, etc etc.

When I make an error in an ASP program I only get a message saying that the
program could not be executed.

Can anyone recommend some good debugging tools or maybe an ASP code checker.
..

Thanks

Patrice 05-27-2005 09:15 AM

Re: ASP Debugging Tools

What is the exact message ?

For now my guess is that you see the simplified message that the browser
displays by default when the HTTP request result in an error... Go in the
browser advanced options and you should find an option such as "show
simplified http error messages" that you should then uncheck.

You'll see then the line and the error message...

Patrice