Velocity Reviews

-   -   upload user defined folder and files?? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t798791-upload-user-defined-folder-and-files.html)

btopenworld 05-23-2005 03:59 PM

upload user defined folder and files??

I am using aspload to allow users to upload three files - 2 pics and a word
doc. The files have standard names but I want the user to define the name of
the folder.

Is there and efficient way to make sure that the user does not choose
illegal characters for folder names? I am doing a series of replaces at the
moment.

Thanks for any ideas.

John B

Joe Iano 05-23-2005 04:41 PM

Re: upload user defined folder and files??

"btopenworld" <john@siteweave.net> wrote in message
> I am using aspload to allow users to upload three files - 2 pics and a

word
> doc. The files have standard names but I want the user to define the name

of
> the folder.
>
> Is there and efficient way to make sure that the user does not choose
> illegal characters for folder names? I am doing a series of replaces at

the
> moment.
>
> Thanks for any ideas.
>
> John B

We do the same thing for file uploads, replacing problem characters with
underscores.

Patrice 05-23-2005 06:07 PM

Re: upload user defined folder and files??

Perhaps a regular expression (see the RegExp class)...

Patrice