Velocity Reviews

-   -   Form field (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t798250-form-field.html)

Athmaus 03-17-2005 05:17 AM

Form field

i know in html you can set a "max" character limit for a form field. I was
wondering if it is possible to set a min number of characters?

Evertjan. 03-17-2005 08:42 AM

Re: Form field

=?Utf-8?B?QXRobWF1cw==?= wrote on 17 mrt 2005 in

> i know in html you can set a "max" character limit for a form field. I
> was wondering if it is possible to set a min number of characters?

Not with serverside ASP.
ASP does not know about form fields, or any HTML.

Please ask in an apporpriate NG.

--
Evertjan.
The Netherlands.

Tim 03-17-2005 08:41 PM

Re: Form field

Evertjan. wrote:
>>i know in html you can set a "max" character limit for a form field. I
>>was wondering if it is possible to set a min number of characters?

> Not with serverside ASP.

> Please ask in an apporpriate NG.

....and that would ba a Javascript NG but it is likley much more
complicated than the solution you are looking for.

Jeff Cochran 03-17-2005 09:03 PM

Re: Form field

On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 20:41:38 GMT, Tim <al@gahnstrom.se> wrote:

>Evertjan. wrote:
>>>i know in html you can set a "max" character limit for a form field. I
>>>was wondering if it is possible to set a min number of characters?

>> Not with serverside ASP.

>> Please ask in an apporpriate NG.

>...and that would ba a Javascript NG but it is likley much more
>complicated than the solution you are looking for.

If it has to be ASP server-side, you'd check this in your validation
routines. If Len(InputString) < 2 Then...

Jeff

Evertjan. 03-18-2005 09:38 AM

Re: Form field

Tim wrote on 17 mrt 2005 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:
> Evertjan. wrote:
>>>i know in html you can set a "max" character limit for a form field. I
>>>was wondering if it is possible to set a min number of characters?

>> Not with serverside ASP.

>> Please ask in an apporpriate NG.

> ...and that would ba a Javascript NG but it is likley much more
> complicated than the solution you are looking for.

I am not loking for anything.

Please do not use "you" loosely, Tim, when posting.

--
Evertjan.
The Netherlands.