Velocity Reviews

-   -   .Config file usage with Classic ASP and DLL (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t798206-config-file-usage-with-classic-asp-and-dll.html)

Carlin Anderson 03-11-2005 08:53 PM

.Config file usage with Classic ASP and DLL

I am in the middle of developing a classic ASP interface to a .net based web
service, where the programmer has generated a dll to be used by me to use
this service (can't use soap for a number of reasons). His only outstanding
question/issue is this:

The .net service,when it is instantiated, references the web.config file to
get a critical setup parameter. I know what this value is, but we are not
certain if it will still work this way when ASP uses the server.createobject
call. If it will not, is there a work-around or alternate methods which may
be used?