Velocity Reviews

-   -   Databound controls do not work when published to a production serv (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t798094-databound-controls-do-not-work-when-published-to-a-production-serv.html)

Dave Stewart 03-02-2005 03:55 AM

Databound controls do not work when published to a production serv

I have two projects I am attempting to publish to a production environment.
When I run the project and\or pages they run fine on my development
machine(the pc with vs.net that the app\pages were written on). When I copy
the project to a production IIS web server, the pages load properly on the
first load for each page. I have multiple list boxes that are databound
programatically on the page load event.

System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load

If Not Me.IsPostBack Then
LoadStores()
LoadListBoxes()
End If

End Sub

On any postback event when run from the production server, the list boxes
are cleared out and the app is useless. Why are these clearing out in
production, but not on my dev pc?

If I load the listboxes on every postback, I lose the user selection prior
to postback.

Bob Barrows [MVP] 03-02-2005 11:13 AM

Re: Databound controls do not work when published to a production serv

Dave Stewart wrote:
> I have two projects I am attempting to publish to a production
> environment. When I run the project and\or pages they run fine on my
> development machine(the pc with vs.net that the app\pages were

question to a group where those dotnet-savvy people hang out. I suggest
Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
"NO SPAM"