Velocity Reviews

-   -   urgent-how to pass values into the parent form (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t797878-urgent-how-to-pass-values-into-the-parent-form.html)

VbUser25 02-09-2005 05:48 AM

urgent-how to pass values into the parent form

hi..
i have a drop-down menu with a list of products.when i select any one
product i open a popup displaying hte product categories in it.i then
enter the no. of items i want.and finally when i click to the submit
button i want to display a summary of selected item in the parent
form.to make it more elaborate:

i have 3 items in a drop-down menu and each item has further 10
different types of products.

something like u have an item soap. and then 10 different brands of
soap.so all my products are in the drop down menu in the parent form.
item 1
item 2
item 3
item 4

when i select item 1 i get a popup menu which has say 20 types of item1
from the database.i generate textboxes beside each label so that user
can enter his quantity.
item1-brand1
item2-brand2
item2-brand3
etc...

now the user can select three of "item1-brand1" and 2 of "item1-brand2"
..then he might click to item 2 which in turn has further 15 types like:
"item2-brand1"
"item2-brand2"..etc

he can also enter two quantity of "item2-brand2" and one of
"item2-brand2"

so his final selection say in the end is
item 1 item1-brand1 3
item 1 item1-brand2 2
item 2 item1-brand1 2
item 2 item1-brand2 1

so i want to display the above summary in the parent form.here is the
function which i refer in onclick event of the 2nd form.i can display it
in a textbox.but how to create multiple textbox and then dispaly values
in each

function validateInfo()
{
var length = parseInt(document.tmpForm.tmpNumber.value);
for (i=1;i<length;i++)
{
var your_variable = document.tmpForm["Txt ["+i+"]"].value;
opener.document.f.elements["<%=Request("name") &
"Quantity"%>"].value = document.tmpForm["Txt["+i+"]"].value;
self.close();
}
}

Evertjan. 02-09-2005 09:08 AM

Re: urgent-how to pass values into the parent form

VbUser25 wrote on 09 feb 2005 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:
> so i want to display the above summary in the parent form.here is the
> function which i refer in onclick event of the 2nd form.i can display it
> in a textbox.but how to create multiple textbox and then dispaly values
> in each

ASP is serverside and does not know about parent forms or any forms or
onclick events.

Please ask a clientside NG.

--
Evertjan.