Velocity Reviews

-   -   DBMSSOCN General Network Error (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t797753-dbmssocn-general-network-error.html)

James 01-26-2005 09:41 PM

DBMSSOCN General Network Error

Periodically, our entire website will display the following error for all
users when requests are made to ASP pages:

DBMSSOCN General Network Error

HTML pages will load just fine, and I *believe* that ASP pages that don't
access SQL Server will also load. Someone suggested this problem has to do
with named pipes, but I don't have any clue when it comes to networking and
our network admin just resigned. This happens very sporadically (maybe once
a day) and never seemed to occur when he had DSN based connections. We also
have migrated our SQL Server to another machine (used to reside on the same
machine as our webserver).

Any ideas on what could be causing this? Googling it has proven
futile...and I'm pulling my hair out here.

Thanks!
James

Mark Schupp 01-26-2005 09:57 PM

Re: DBMSSOCN General Network Error

Show your connection string (change passwords and/or server address).

--
--Mark Schupp
Head of Development

James 01-26-2005 10:08 PM

Re: DBMSSOCN General Network Error

conn.Open "Provider=SQLOLEDB;Data Source=XXXXX;Initial Catalog=XXXXX;User ID
= XXXXX;Password=XXXXX"

Thanks!
James