Velocity Reviews

-   -   Re: HELP!!! ASP.NET pages not displaying correctly (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t79753-re-help-asp-net-pages-not-displaying-correctly.html)

Raterus 06-04-2004 04:18 PM

Re: HELP!!! ASP.NET pages not displaying correctly

IDE=Visual Studio?

Uninstall/Reinstall it, because that sounds like the problem, not asp.net

<todd.carter@mybizideas.com> wrote in message news:%23cgxOUdSEHA.1472@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> Hi,
>

> For the last couple of days I have been stumped as to why my computer
> decided to not allow me to either open or view asp.net pages. I have not
> added any programs or has any of my settings changed in the last few days.
> Here are the steps I have gone through to try and restore my asp.net. (For
> refrence purposes I am running a Win2k Pro box with IIS5)
>

> 1. Ran aspnet_regiis -u to unregister the current settings.
>
> 2. Ran aspnet_regiis -i to register the asp.net on my computer.
>

> In the past this has restored my asp.net, but this time it is not working
> for me. When I open a project the IDE gets locked and I am not able to get
> to the project. When I view a aspx page it also gets locked and I noticed
> the memory usage goes up to around 20,000k. I have checked the IIS logs and
> it is not posting any types of errors. At this point I am stumped as to
> what the problem is. If anyone out there can help me I would really
> appreciate it.
>

> Thanks,
>

> Todd

06-05-2004 05:20 PM

Re: HELP!!! ASP.NET pages not displaying correctly

Thanks Reaterus for your help, but I figured out my problem. It ended up
being my firewalls new release. Somehow it was hosing the aspnet_wp
process. Thanks again.

Todd