Velocity Reviews

-   -   ASP & Excel (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t797324-asp-and-excel.html)

Oded 12-13-2004 08:57 AM

ASP & Excel

Hi,
I'm trying to export an ASP based report to Excel while preserving its
display properties. I've added:
Response.ContentType="application/vnd.ms-excel", and it works fine for
several clients. For other clients it displays an emptry excel sheet.
I'm not sure, but i think it has something to do with the excel version
installed on clients - empty sheets were displayed for Excel 2000 clients
while clients running Excel 2002 displayed the report correctly.
If I add: Response.AddHeader("attachment","file_name=%file_n ame%"), all
clients display the data correctly but the styles are lost.
If anyone knows of a solution other than reformatting the report for excel,
it will be very helpful.
Thanks