Velocity Reviews

-   -   Running Frontpg.exe on user computer? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t797096-running-frontpg-exe-on-user-computer.html)

bernadou 11-16-2004 08:19 PM

Running Frontpg.exe on user computer?

Is there a way to open FrontPage automatically on a user's computer using a
web page?

I wan't the user to be able to click a link or a button and have FrontPage
open to a specific URL. The FP permissions should take over from there.

I'm looking for the same kind of execution that you get when you type
"frontpg.exe http://mydomain.com" into the command prompt.

Thanks!
Bernie

Ray Costanzo [MVP] 11-16-2004 08:29 PM

Re: Running Frontpg.exe on user computer?

No there isn't. The ability to automatically initiate an executable would
be a giant security risk, because if it were possible, that means that you
could load up a Web page one day and the page could start deleting your
files, formatting your hard drives, or whatever else.

Ray at work

bernadou 11-17-2004 12:44 AM

Re: Running Frontpg.exe on user computer?

I sort of assumed as much, but I thought I check. Thanks for reply.