Velocity Reviews

-   -   Read binary file as hex (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t796919-read-binary-file-as-hex.html)

DrewM 11-01-2004 01:09 PM

Read binary file as hex

I'm using ASP to generate an RTF (rich text) file, via the FSO. No
problems with text, but when it comes to inserting images, the files
have to be embedded as either binary or hex.

Try as I might, I can't get binary to work (Word b0rks trying to open
the resulting file). When I create a simple RTF in Wordpad and then view
its source, Wordpad seems to be embedding the image as hex.

Does anyone have a suggestion as to how I could read an image file off
the disk in hex format for writing into my RTF?

Any suggestions gratefully received.

drew.

s_m_b 11-03-2004 08:39 PM

Re: Read binary file as hex

DrewM <null@allinthehead.com> wrote in news:#G0A9PBwEHA.1976
@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl:

Have you checked out if there are any third party components that would
either do that, or at least do an intemediate conversion?

DrewM 11-04-2004 03:04 PM

Re: Read binary file as hex

s_m_b wrote:
> DrewM <null@allinthehead.com> wrote in news:#G0A9PBwEHA.1976
> @TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl:
>
> Have you checked out if there are any third party components that would
> either do that, or at least do an intemediate conversion?

Yes, but I haven't managed to find anything yet.

Thanks

drew.

Roland Hall 11-05-2004 05:46 PM

Re: Read binary file as hex

"DrewM" <null@allinthehead.com> wrote in message
: s_m_b wrote:
: > DrewM <null@allinthehead.com> wrote in news:#G0A9PBwEHA.1976
: > @TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl:
: >
: > Have you checked out if there are any third party components that would
: > either do that, or at least do an intemediate conversion?
:
: Yes, but I haven't managed to find anything yet.

http://www.motobit.com/tips/detpg_re...nary-files.htm

--
Roland Hall
or fitness for a particular purpose. */