Velocity Reviews

-   -   Speeding Up A Page (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t796748-speeding-up-a-page.html)

joethis 10-15-2004 03:25 PM

Speeding Up A Page

I have a query that returns a resultset rather fast, but when I go through
the loop to write it out to the page I get a slow display. Is there a way
to speed this up?

joethis 10-15-2004 03:39 PM

Re: Speeding Up A Page

"Curt_C [MVP]" wrote:

> Show code....
>
> --
> Curt Christianson
> Owner/Lead Developer, DF-Software
> Site: http://www.Darkfalz.com
> Blog: http://blog.Darkfalz.com
>

> "joethis" <joethis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have a query that returns a resultset rather fast, but when I go
> >through
> > the loop to write it out to the page I get a slow display. Is there a
> > way
> > to speed this up?

> do while not rs.EOF

Response.Write rs("col_name")
rs.MoveNext()
loop

Bob Barrows [MVP] 10-15-2004 03:45 PM

Re: Speeding Up A Page

>> "joethis" <joethis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> I have a query that returns a resultset rather fast, but when I
>>> go through
>>> the loop to write it out to the page I get a slow display. Is
>>> there a way
>>> to speed this up?

>> do while not rs.EOF

> Response.Write rs("col_name")
> rs.MoveNext()
> loop

http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2467

Bob Barrows

--
Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET

Patrice 10-15-2004 04:03 PM

Re: Speeding Up A Page

Also sometimes the problem is that if you dump thousands of line, the task
is done quickly server side but the network has quite a huge job to transfer
the page.

You may want to check the size of the page to see if its small enough...

Patrice

dlbjr 10-15-2004 08:44 PM

Re: Speeding Up A Page

Are writing the data out into a HTML table structure?

--
'dlbjr
'Pleading sagacious indoctrination!