Velocity Reviews

-   -   MSXML.XMLHTTP / ASP Page / Session (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t796683-msxml-xmlhttp-asp-page-session.html)

Martin Waller 10-11-2004 03:53 PM

MSXML.XMLHTTP / ASP Page / Session

Hello,

I'm using the MSXML.XMLHTTP object to obtain the results of an ASP page from
an ASP page on the same server. The problem I have is that when the AP
refrenced by the XMLHTTP object is run it does now share the session with
the calling page ? How can I solve this ?

Any ideas ?

Many thanks...

Martin

Manohar Kamath 10-11-2004 04:00 PM

Re: MSXML.XMLHTTP / ASP Page / Session

The XMLHttp component is now the "client" for your ASP page, and not the
browser.

One way to get around is to retrieve the ASPSESSIONID cookie from the
browser, and set it in your code for the XMLhttp component. This way, both
browser and the XMLHttp component are using the same ASSPSESSIONID cookie to
talk to the ASP pages, and hence maintain the session.

--
Manohar Kamath
Editor, .netWire

chrisgeorgeoliver@gmail.com 03-11-2005 03:03 PM

Re: MSXML.XMLHTTP / ASP Page / Session

I'm having the same problem... where do you set the aspsessionid to the
xmlhttp obj? right before the send? and what property do you set.. i
couldnt find a object model anywhere =/

chrisgeorgeoliver@gmail.com 03-11-2005 03:03 PM

Mark Schupp 03-11-2005 03:36 PM

Re: MSXML.XMLHTTP / ASP Page / Session

You should be able to do that with the

setRequestHeader method something like this (not tested, just from docs)

ck = Request.ServerVariables("HTTP_COOKIE")
set xmlhttp = CreateObject("MSXML2.ServerXMLHTTP")
xmlhttp.open "GET", url, false
xmlhttp.setRequestHeader "Cookie",ck
xmlhttp.send ""

--
--Mark Schupp
Head of Development

news:1110553432.153577.210390@f14g2000cwb.googlegr oups.com...

CGOliver 03-11-2005 05:08 PM

Re: MSXML.XMLHTTP / ASP Page / Session

no dice, i ended up just passing all my vars through the querystring =/