Velocity Reviews

-   -   ASP? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t796583-asp.html)

Marc 10-03-2004 02:48 PM

ASP?

What kind of server do I need to use ASP? I do not know anything about ASP
so.... Is there somewhere a good site to learn to work with ASP (I prefer in
Dutch)

Marc

Steven Burn 10-03-2004 02:54 PM

Re: ASP?

Any server that supports ASP will do (e.g. IIS - www.microsoft.com/iis -
comes with Windows 2000/XP Pro and Server 2003). I believe others such as
Apache, also support it, but they require an additional "plugin" to be
present first (can't remember the name of it unfortunately).

As for site's, the best one IMHO is ASPFAQ - www.aspfaq.com

--

Regards

Steven Burn
Ur I.T. Mate Group
www.it-mate.co.uk

Keeping it FREE!

Roland Hall 10-03-2004 05:03 PM

Re: ASP?

"Steven Burn" wrote in message news:OGLEYkVqEHA.3324@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
: Any server that supports ASP will do (e.g. IIS - www.microsoft.com/iis -
: comes with Windows 2000/XP Pro and Server 2003). I believe others such as
: Apache, also support it, but they require an additional "plugin" to be
: present first (can't remember the name of it unfortunately).

Sun's Chili!Soft but it is not completely compatible with IIS ASP.

--
Roland Hall
or fitness for a particular purpose. */

Steven Burn 10-03-2004 05:09 PM

Re: ASP?

hehe, thats the one!!!..... (knew it had something to do with food, lol)

--

Regards

Steven Burn
Ur I.T. Mate Group
www.it-mate.co.uk

Keeping it FREE!

Marc 10-03-2004 05:35 PM

Re: ASP?

Thanks for the information. I think I'll have to change my server? For this
moment I'm working with www.globat.com wich is very cheap and supports MYSQL
but no ASP...
Wich (cheap and good) server would you guys sugest?

Marc

"Marc" <Arryn@pandora.be> schreef in bericht

Steven Burn 10-03-2004 05:39 PM

Re: ASP?

Which version of Windows are you using?

Marc 10-03-2004 08:24 PM

Re: ASP?

I'm using Windows XP

Marc

Steven Burn 10-03-2004 10:38 PM

Re: ASP?

Home or Pro? (XP Pro has IIS included already and I believe you can download
it from the MS site for Home?)

Ray Costanzo [MVP] 10-04-2004 12:23 AM

Re: ASP?

"Steven Burn" <pvt@noyb.com> wrote in message
> I believe you can download
> [IIS] from the MS site for Home?)

This was only true for a very brief period of time shortly after XP was
released. There is currently no supported way of installing IIS on XP Home.

Personally, I feel that if you're going to do professional things like
create Web applications, you should have a professional operating system.
:]

Ray at home

Steven Burn 10-04-2004 12:31 AM

Re: ASP?

> Personally, I feel that if you're going to do professional things like
> create Web applications, you should have a professional operating system.
> :]

hehe, so DOS is out of the question then? <g>

--

Regards

Steven Burn
Ur I.T. Mate Group