Velocity Reviews

-   -   CDO Bulk Email Help - Need to make it faster (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t796374-cdo-bulk-email-help-need-to-make-it-faster.html)

Brent Patroch 09-16-2004 03:11 PM

CDO Bulk Email Help - Need to make it faster

Hello,

Novice here, I am doing bulk emails using CDO, connection to a smtp
server at another location. I am trying to streamline my script, or
through it out and start over to make it faster.

I know that I am doing something wrong and that messages should be
sending much faster. Any help appreciated:

Set objConfig = Server.CreateObject("CDO.Configuration")
Set Fields = objConfig.Fields

With Fields
.Item(cdoSendUsingMethod)= cdoSendUsingPort
.Item(cdoSMTPServer) = "blah.com"
.Item(cdoSMTPServerPort) = 25
.Item(cdoSMTPConnectionTimeout) = 10
.Item(cdoSMTPAuthenticate) = cdoBasic
.Item(cdoSendUserName) = "blah@blah.com"
.Item(cdoSendPassword) = "blah"
.Update
End With

Set objMessage = Server.CreateObject("CDO.Message")
Set objMessage.Configuration = objConfig

' Open database here

objRS.Open SQLString, objConn,2,2
I = 0
With objMessage
.From = "Blah Mailer <blah@blah.com>"
.Subject = Request.Form("Subject")
.TextBody = Request.Form("Body")
Do while not objRS.EOF
.To = objRS("Name") & "<" & objRS("Email") & ">"
.send
objRS.MoveNext
I = I + 1
Loop