Velocity Reviews

-   -   Sending automatic reminders in ASP (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t796334-sending-automatic-reminders-in-asp.html)

JP SIngh 09-14-2004 08:20 AM

Sending automatic reminders in ASP

Is there a way to automatically execute code in ASP?

I need to send reminders for one my applications and need some suggestions
how I can send reminder emails automatically.

Many thanks

Jason Brown \(MSFT\) 09-14-2004 08:46 AM

Re: Sending automatic reminders in ASP

Does this help?

http://rtfm.atrax.co.uk/infinitemonk...es/wsh/994.asp

--
Jason Brown
Microsoft GTSC, IIS

John 09-14-2004 09:26 AM

Re: Sending automatic reminders in ASP

Only Windows can start your Script. So alter you ASP into VBS script and let
Windows Task Scheduler start the VBS on regular times. However when you need
a more sofesticated time scheduler for Windows, than check CRON
Windows Task Scheduler
http://www.kalab.com/freeware/cron/cron.htm

Bob Barrows [MVP] 09-14-2004 11:00 AM

http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2143