Velocity Reviews

-   -   Exporting HTML Table to MS Word? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t796223-exporting-html-table-to-ms-word.html)

A P 09-06-2004 02:00 AM

Exporting HTML Table to MS Word?

Is this possible? I am planning to export data from SQL that generates HTML
table. Instead of selecting the table and then copy then paste to word, I
need a script(JS or VB) that will automatically export or open the Query to
word.

Brad Kingsley 09-06-2004 01:52 PM

Re: Exporting HTML Table to MS Word?

If you give the new page an extension of .doc, then Word should open the
client's desktop and display the page for them.

--
~Brad Kingsley
Microsoft MVP - ASP/.Net

http://www.orcsweb.com/
Powerful Web Hosting Solutions
#1 in Service and Support

Jeff Cochran 09-06-2004 01:53 PM

On Mon, 6 Sep 2004 10:00:50 +0800, "A P" <ap@textguru.ph> wrote:

>Is this possible? I am planning to export data from SQL that generates HTML
>table. Instead of selecting the table and then copy then paste to word, I
>need a script(JS or VB) that will automatically export or open the Query to
>word.

See:

Jeff

A P 09-07-2004 03:14 AM

Re: Exporting HTML Table to MS Word?

its very complicated. Why is it like that? I notice on excel, you only need
to include this line?

Then you can convert html tables to excel.

Coz 09-08-2004 04:12 PM

Re: Exporting HTML Table to MS Word?

Its complicated because that is a .net example - .net is complicated....
seems to be about all it is for me !

There is the equivalent for your "application/vnd.ms-excel" ...

application/msword

Try these:
http://ppewww.ph.gla.ac.uk/~flavell/...tent-type.html
http://www.utoronto.ca/ian/books/htm.../mimetype.html

both pretty useful.

A P 09-09-2004 12:17 AM

Re: Exporting HTML Table to MS Word?

thanks!

A P 09-09-2004 02:46 AM

Re: Exporting HTML Table to MS Word?

how about setting page margin on ms word? can I control that thru asp?