Velocity Reviews

-   -   Mozilla/Firebird: calling up external e-mail client (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t7960-mozilla-firebird-calling-up-external-e-mail-client.html)

dj tuchler 07-15-2003 04:20 PM

Mozilla/Firebird: calling up external e-mail client

How do I use the evolution e-mail application with Firebird?

Thanks

dj tuchler

ho alexandre 07-15-2003 08:21 PM

Re: Mozilla/Firebird: calling up external e-mail client

dj tuchler wrote:
> How do I use the evolution e-mail application with Firebird?

I guess you can ?
[http://texturizer.net/firebird/faq.html#4.9]

--
XandreX
/I'm that kind of people your parents warned you about/

dj tuchler 07-15-2003 08:23 PM

On Tue, 15 Jul 2003 22:21:38 +0200, ho alexandre wrote:

> dj tuchler wrote:
>> How do I use the evolution e-mail application with Firebird?

> I guess you can ?
> [http://texturizer.net/firebird/faq.html#4.9]

Apparently, it can be done under Windows. No instructions for Linux.

dj tuchler

Derald Martin 07-15-2003 10:20 PM

"dj tuchler" <dtuchler@earthlink.net> wrote:

>How do I use the evolution e-mail application with Firebird?

I'm running browser-only Mozilla under Win98se. I forget where I
saw it documented, but the following lines added to users' prefs.js
files cause the browser to call the registered mail or news client,
respectively:

>user_pref("network.protocol-handler.external.mail", true);
>user_pref("network.protocol-handler.external.news", true);

I'm not sure but I think that this is also available from the
"preferential" extension. I remember now where I saw the prefs file
entries. Maybe these links will help:
http://www.geocities.com/pratiksolanki/ ;
http://mozilla.gunnars.net/mozfaq_addons.html ;
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=e...%2540localhost