Velocity Reviews

-   -   Newbie - Include File (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t795625-newbie-include-file.html)

TNGgroup 07-29-2004 08:52 AM

Newbie - Include File

Hi,

Strange things:
I'm using an ASP page in a subfolder, with an include.
but when using ...inlcude file="../fileintheroot.html".
I'm getting an error (An error occured on the server ....)

When I move the file into the subdir, so without the ../, it works fine.

I also tried to use the full path 'htttp://server.com/fileintheroot.html",
but same result.

This is quite stupid ofcourse, I cannot put all my files into the same dir ?

Thanks

TNG

BTR 07-29-2004 12:48 PM

Re: Newbie - Include File

New security settings have been implimented in ASP that dont allow include files as they once were.

try <!-- #include virtual = "/fileintheroot.html" --> that should work

- Bastard

TNGgroup 07-29-2004 02:10 PM

Re: Newbie - Include File

IT works, thx !!!