Velocity Reviews

-   -   ASP compiled (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t795581-asp-compiled.html)

Ed 07-26-2004 07:38 PM

ASP compiled

I want to pay a monthly fee to a hosting company to host my ASP application.
I have some propriety designs in my ASP application which I'm reluctant to
expose the source code. Unfortunately, with ASP, it's all source code.

Is there a way to "compile" my ASP application so that when I upload the
application to the hosting company, my propriety work will remain
unrevealed?

Second question, if I update my ASP applcation to ASP.NET, would there be a
way to compile the ASP.NET code so that I will only need to publish the
"compiled" version to the hosting company server (thereby protecting my
source code from being revealed)?

Thanks.

Aaron [SQL Server MVP] 07-26-2004 08:00 PM

Re: ASP compiled

> Is there a way to "compile" my ASP application so that when I upload the
> application to the hosting company, my propriety work will remain
> unrevealed?

Yes, you can put your important business logic in a DLL, though keep in mind
that there is likely to be a performance hit.
http://www.aspfaq.com/2163

> Second question, if I update my ASP applcation to ASP.NET, would there be

> way to compile the ASP.NET code so that I will only need to publish the
> "compiled" version to the hosting company server (thereby protecting my
> source code from being revealed)?

You will get better answers about how to protect ASP.NET code in an ASP.NET
forum.
http://www.aspfaq.com/5002

--
http://www.aspfaq.com/
(Reverse address to reply.)

Bullschmidt 07-27-2004 09:04 PM

Re: ASP compiled

<<
Is there a way to "compile" my ASP application so that when I upload the
application to the hosting company, my propriety work will remain
unrevealed?

How do I protect my ASP code? - 5/7/2001
http://www.aspfaq.com/faq/faqShow.asp?fid=127

An idea you could use that would make the source code much more
unreadable would be to use some kind of code optimizer on it that
removes comments and removes much white space such as tabs...

PCbit
http://www.pcbit.com
Advanced HTML Optimizer
Can remove white space in HTML and ASP files.

Best regards,
http://www.Bullschmidt.com
Classic ASP Design Tips, ASP Web Database Demo, ASP Bar Chart Tool...